Monthly Archives: June 2013

14 June 2012

Drove down to Hayling Island with Michael for some deconstructing.


The final product – all windows out and as much off the decks as we could manage


Winches are off but the last cleat kept the teak panel on.

DSC_0024 DSC_0025

Main traveller comes off

Before and after – instruments off.

DSC_0036 DSC_0012

Some Random Pictures


New owner just before she was carted down south


First bill (of many I expect) came today from Hayling Yacht Co. For moving her into the shed from the truck.


I’ve started stripping the deck. You can see the two broken stanchions where the weight of water pooled in the tarpaulin has caused them to fail. The others are all corroded into their sockets and the sockets are fibreglassed over underneath so I can’t get them off easily.


Cockpit. New locker hatches are needed. Teak slats might be nice.  I’d like to reinstate the trim tab


Nice inside if you like the smell of diesel.  The cabin sole is infused with it. They have been stripped and the diesel is slowly oozing out after a week. A lot of stripping and varnishing required, plus a bit of carpentry to make good. If I need to I’ll fit an extra water tank in the bilges.


Just a random photo of Kornog being lifted onto the truck in Bangor.

May 2013

I am waiting on an estimate for the scope of work I plan from the boatyard.  In the meantime I am stripping the decks in preparation for a complete refurbishment.  I have not yet decided on how to make them non-slip, although I’m thinking of a plastic teak in parts.  I might change my mind and use non-slip paint.

The cockpit hatches all need replacing and whether I put teak slats or a plastic teak finish or just paint them is yet to be decided.


All lines were fed back to the cockpit but I would like winches on the mast. Some lines still need to go back to the cockpit, probably the kicker line and maybe the genoa halyards.

General deck shot

I plan on getting an emergency forestay. The roller reefing looks good I just need new sails. I am toying with getting a blade but am not sure if it should be hanked on the emergency forestay or should be run up the second slot on the roller reefing.

New instruments and electrical rewiring is needed.